Ceylan Necipoglu studied law at Koç University, Faculty of Law, and received her law degree with honors. She obtained a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Banking Systems, Innovation, Technology from City University of London and a second Master degree in business administration (MBA) at Galatasaray University. She is currently a Ph.D candidate in Information Technology Law and Innovation at Tartu University, Estonia
She holds Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) and CIPM. She is also ISO 27001 lead auditor.
Ceylan is specialized in IT law, particularly in e-commerce, internet law, fintech, emerging technologies, cryptocurrencies, privacy and data protection, cybersecurity, compliance, and telecommunications law.
Ceylan assists clients in the establishment of their market strategies on complex ICT projects, and the drafting and negotiation of complex IT contracts, including outsourcing, licensing, procurement and service agreements.
She is dealing with businesses on the assessment and strategic management of their privacy, security, electronic workplace, and e-business legal risks both domestically and globally.
She has been lecturing at universities as a guest lecturer and has articles published in international refereed academic journals on subjects ranging from cybersecurity to fintech technologies.
Ceylan advises large corporate businesses operating in information technologies, telecommunications, electronics, media, entertainment and sports, banking, insurance and financial services and pharmaceuticals, healthcare and life sciences industries.
- Istanbul Bar Association (2012)
- Tartu University, Ph.D. (2021)
- Galatasaray University, MBA (2018)
- City University of London, LL.M. (2015)
- Koç University, School of Law (2011)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- ISO 27001 LA
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- International Technology Law Association (ITECHLAW)
- Turkish IT association
- Woman in AI Ireland
- European Legal Technology Association (ELTA)
- Koç University Alumni Association
- İzmir American Collegiate Alumni Association