Ecem focuses on intellectual property matters, including trademarks, designs, copyright, and unfair competition. She assists clients to protect, enforce, and commercialize these rights.
Ecem supports the management of multiple domestic and global trademark portfolios, helping clients to develop customized strategies. These strategies combine various legal mechanisms to address the complexities and dynamics of each portfolio and the client’s commercial aims. These include filing oppositions tailored to the client’s strategy, as well as assisting during consent negotiations, coexistence, and ownership arrangements.
She assists many well-known brands on both sides of intellectual property conflicts and lawsuits, for instance preparing cease and desist letters, assisting clients to manage the negotiation process, as well as filing invalidation, infringement, and unfair competition lawsuits to protect or enforce clients’ rights.
Ecem supports a broad range of domestic and international companies, most notably in the online and traditional retail, food and beverage, social media, and fashion sectors.
Before joining the firm, Ecem worked in the Amsterdam and Brussels offices of one of the most prestigious law firms in the Netherlands as a part of a traineeship program.
- Istanbul Bar Association (2018)
- University of Leiden, School of Law, European and International Business Law Adv. LLM (2016)
- Thesis: Secrets in the Dark: The Definition of Trade Secrets in the light of the New European Union Directive
- Istanbul University, Faculty of Law (2015)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Certification ve International Capital Markets, Banking and Financial Products Certification (Leiden Law School)