Moroglu Arseven wishes to hire associates with 3 years of experience in corporate, M&A, capital markets law and contracts law. The ideal candidate will work in the M&A and corporate practice group which is active in a variety of industries. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic team player and should be familiar with a fast-paced environment, consistently displaying a high level of flexibility.
Role description and responsibilities
- Providing corporate legal advice as required in both English and Turkish to the firm’s local and international clients. This advice will be based on both guided and independent legal research and analysis.
- Drafting and compiling legal memorandums and opinion letters in both English and Turkish.
- Actively participating in project teams to support the development and provision of appropriate legal solutions to clients.
- Taking part in project teams conducting legal due diligences in M&A transactions, equity or debt financing transactions, preparing and/or drafting legal due diligence reports.
- Supporting senior lawyers and partners in negotiating, preparing and/or drafting share purchase, asset purchase, joint venture, shareholders, lease and other legal documents as required.
- 3 years of work experience as a Turkish qualified lawyer with a leading local or international law firm in corporate, M&A, and contracts law practice. Having an experience in securities and capital markets law is an asset.
- Commercial sense and a practical approach. The ideal candidate should be able to successfully identify and understand complex legal, commercial and business issues, while also understanding the wider strategic aims of particular tasks.
- Graduated from a reputable law school with solid academic records. Having taken part in an LL.M. program in a reputable law school in Turkey or abroad is an advantage.
- Candidates must be fluent in both written and spoken English. TOEFL and IELTS qualifications are an advantage and so are further foreign language skills. We typically require a TOEFL score of 105 or higher or an IELTS (Academic) score of 7.0 or higher.
- Male candidates should have completed compulsory military services or delayed for a minimum term of two years.
Only those candidates should apply, who have the drive to excel in their fields and who are willing to add to their strong academic foundation and be ready for an exciting new challenge.
To apply, please email your CV and short cover letter to email@example.com by indicating the reference number for this vacancy post in the subject of your e-mail.