Moroğlu Arseven wishes to hire an associate with 2-3 years of intellectual property experience. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic team player and be familiar with a fast-paced environment, consistently displaying a high level of flexibility.
Moroğlu Arseven is a full-service law firm, with broadly demonstrated expertise and experience in business law including intellectual property law. The firm advises clients on the protection and enforcement of trademarks, domain names, copyrights, patents, and related rights, as well as securing, protecting and enforcing these assets.
We have a dynamic and dedicated team of lawyers, who are experts in their respective fields. Our clients include national, foreign and multinational commercial, industrial and financial enterprises.
All applications and resumes should be submitted in English.
Role description and responsibilities
This role is in our intellectual property practice group. Responsibilities will include:
- Working on complex prosecution, enforcement, litigation, licensing and IP portfolio management matters in the intellectual property area.
- Providing legal advice as required in both English and Turkish to ongoing local and international clients. This advice will be based on both guided and independent legal research and analysis.
- Drafting and compiling legal memorandums and opinion letters in both English and Turkish.
- Actively participating in project teams to support the development and provision of appropriate legal solutions to clients.
- 2-3 years of work experience as a qualified Turkish intellectual property associate, ideally specialized in complex litigation matters, with a leading local or international law firm/agency.
- Detailed knowledge of Turkish Patent and Trademark Office processes and requirements, relating to trademarks, patents, and industrial designs. In particular, procedural knowledge of filing and maintaining the trademark, patents and industrial designs applications/registrations.
- Commercial sense and a practical approach. The ideal candidate should be able to successfully identify and understand complex legal, commercial and business issues, while also understanding the wider strategic aims of particular tasks.
- Has excellent academic credentials.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Male candidates should have completed compulsory military services, or have it delayed for at least two years.
- Delivery focused – consistently delivers to a high professional standard. The ideal candidate should have an eye for detail and consistently apply well-developed analytical skills to produce logical, sound and persuasive work.
- Result focused – pursues work with energy and drive, continually seeking to identify ways to improve.
- Interpersonal skills – effectively manage interactions with other members of the staff and external parties to ensure the clearest possible communication and highest possible client service is provided.
- Teamwork – is a strong team player with initiative and plenty of enthusiasm for collaborative work.
- Personal effectiveness – plans, organizes and manages own time and work while looking for ways to develop themselves. This includes effectively managing time, prioritizing work, and multi-tasking across many assignments, often with tight deadline pressures.
- Personal flexibility – available for occasional extended hours as required by workload and being able to work with strict deadlines.
- Integrity – holds the highest level of work ethics and integrity. Must possess the ability to manage and maintain confidential information with acute attention to accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Has a professional manner and appearance.
To apply, please email a CV and short cover letter to email@example.com or call +90 212 377 47 00 for more information.