Moroglu Arseven wishes to hire a Trademark and Patent Attorney with 2-3 years’ experience. The ideal candidate will work in the Intellectual Property practice group, which is active in a variety of industries. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic team player and should be familiar with a fast-paced environment, consistently displaying a high level of flexibility.
Moroglu Arseven is a full service law firm, with broadly demonstrated expertise and experience in business law including intellectual property law. The firm advises clients on the protection and enforcement of trademarks, domain names, copyrights, patents, and related rights, as well as securing, protecting and enforcing these assets.
We have a dynamic and dedicated team of lawyers, who are experts in their respective fields. Our clients include national, foreign and multinational commercial, industrial and financial enterprises.
All applications and resumes should be submitted in English.
Role description and responsibilities
This role is in our Intellectual Property practice group. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with routine processes before the Turkish Patent Institute/WIPO, such as preparing and filing applications, handling all type of recordals (assignment/address/name change), filing, carrying out searches, evaluating search results and generally supporting attorneys to advise clients on intellectual property matters.
- Drafting and compiling communications in both English and Turkish.
- Assisting attorneys to manage clients’ trademark/industrial design/patent portfolios before the Turkish Patent Institute/WIPO.
- Monitoring Turkish Patent Institute
- 2-3 years work experience as a Turkish qualified Trademark and Patent Attorney, with a leading local or international law firm/agency, or intellectual property related role.
- Detailed knowledge of Turkish Patent Institute processes and requirements, relating to trademarks, patents and industrial designs. In particular, procedural knowledge of filing and maintaning trademark, patents and industrial designs applications/registrations
- Commercial sense and a practical approach. The ideal candidate should be able to successfully identify and understand complex legal, commercial and business issues, while also understanding the wider strategic aims of particular tasks.
- Graduated from a reputable four year university, with solid academic records.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Male candidates should have completed compulsory military services, or have it delayed for at least two years.
- Delivery focused – consistently delivers to a high professional standard. The ideal candidate should have an eye for detail and consistently apply well-developed analytical skills to produce logical, sound and persuasive work.
- Results focused – pursues work with energy and drive, continually seeking to identify ways to improve.
- Interpersonal skills – effectively manages interactions with other members of the staff and external parties to ensure the clearest possible communication and highest possible client service is provided.
- Team work – is a strong team player with initiative and plenty of enthusiasm for collaborative work.
- Personal effectiveness – plans, organises and manages own time and work, while looking for ways to develop themself. This includes effectively managing time, prioritizing work, and multi-tasking across many assignments, often with tight deadline pressures.
- Personal flexibility – available for occasional extended hours as required by workload and being able to work with strict deadlines.
- Integrity – holds the highest level of work ethics and integrity. Must possess the ability to manage and maintain confidential information with acute attention to accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Have a professional manner and appearance.
To apply, please email your CV and short cover letter to email@example.com by indicating the reference number for this vacancy post in the subject of your e-mail.