Durations of certain precautions that have been taken within the field of Employment Law as a result of COVID-19 have been extended pursuant to Presidential Decrees number 2706 and number 2707. Both decrees have been published in the Official Gazette numbered 31171 and dated 30 June 2020. In this regard;
- In accordance with Presidential Decree number 2706, the duration of the short-time employment allowance has been extended by 1 month.
- In accordance with Presidential Decree number 2707, durations of the prohibition regarding the termination of employment agreements and the right to put employees in unpaid leaves have been extended by 1 month.
Presidential Decree number 2706:
In accordance with the decree; if the employer has applied for a short-time employment allowance until the date of 30 June 2020, the duration of the allowance will be extended by 1 month without the need of a re-application or a new compliance inspection, provided that the allowance will be paid under the same conditions to employees who have already earned the right to receive it. The extended duration will be effective as of;
- 1 July 2020 for the workplaces which have completed the short-time allowance period,
- The completion date for the workplaces which still benefit from the short-time allowance.
Presidential Decree number 2707:
In accordance with the decree, the durations of;
- The prohibition regarding the termination of employment agreements and
- The rights of employers to put employees in unpaid leaves wholly or partially
have been extended by 1 month.