The Regulation Amending the Regulation on the Technological Product Investment Support Program has been issued by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Industry and Technology (“Ministry”), introducing incentives to electric vehicle charging stations.
With Regulation Amending the Regulation on the Technological Product Investment Support Program (“Amendment Regulation”), investment projects for the establishment of fast charging stations for electric vehicles in the field of mobility with a high level of economic impact and the potential to accelerate development in multiple sectors have been included in a support program of the Ministry.
The scope of the non-repayable support has been expanded as stated below:
- In accordance with article 11 of the Amendment Regulation, machinery and equipment support upper limit and rate has been determined exclusively for investments for fast charging stations as 75% and TRY 20.000.000, whereas other investment projects may only benefit from up to 60% and TRY 10.000.000.
- Such limits may be extended up to 20 points in case the machinery and equipment to be purchased subject to the investment project is certified with a domestic goods certificate, provided that the total support rate for such machinery and equipment does not exceed the relevant upper limit.
- The Ministry is authorized to change the applicable support rates within the provided upper limits.
- Investments in the establishment of fast charging stations for electric vehicles are excluded from the scope of operating expenses support.
- The investment project amounts, based on which the Support will be calculated, shall be the sum of the following:
- Main machinery and equipment costs,
- Auxiliary machinery and equipment costs,
- Machinery, equipment transportation and insurance costs,
- Assembly expenses,
- Software expenses working on machinery and equipment.
- The Ministry may require a guarantee-letter from the relevant company up to 6% of the Support amount.
- Up to 25% of the machinery and equipment support amount can be paid in advance in return for a guarantee upon request of the relevant company.
- In this context, the limitation for the machinery and equipment purchased through the support program, which is foreseen to be three years, for not being sold, rented or transferred, will be applied for one year, provided that the place and purpose of use of the machinery and equipment are not changed.
Amendment Regulation has been published in Official Gazette numbered 31786 on 22 March 2022 and entered into force on the same day.
Details of the Amendment Regulation can be found through this link. (Only available in Turkish)