The Presidential Circular numbered 2020/6 on the coordination of the foreign trade organizations (“Circular”) was published in Official Gazette numbered 31093 on 8 April 2020. The Circular outlines that the foreign trade organizations will be held under the coordination of the Ministry of Commerce and by notifying the Ministry of Commerce a reasonable time ahead.
The Circular mainly regulates the following issues:
- Visits such as trade council, trade delegation, procurement delegation, business forum, business delegation, and similar organizations to be made from abroad to Turkey and from Turkey to abroad will be held under the coordination of the Ministry of Commerce in order to
- Improve Turkey’s international economic and commercial relations,
- Prevent duplication by ensuring cooperation and harmony among public institutions, sectoral organizations, and professional organizations,
- Prevent waste of resources, and
- Achieve the highest economic efficiency by conducting works from a single source.
- In this context, chambers of commerce and industry, chambers of commerce, chambers of industry, chambers of shipping, commodity exchanges, exporters’ associations, chambers of tradesmen and craftsmen and their superior organizations, development agencies, non-governmental organizations and associations, and Foreign Economic Relations Board and Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organization should notify the Ministry of Commerce of their organizations a reasonable time ahead.
Please see this link for the full text of the Circular published in Official Gazette numbered 31093 and dated 8 April 2020. (Only available in Turkish)