A Strategy and Action Plan for the Turkey’s Automotive Sector (“Action Plan”) has been approved by the High Planning Council for the 2016-2019 period. The Action Plan includes updated sectoral information, analysis of trends and obstacles, as well as sets objectives for the period. The objectives aim to support local players to become more competitive globally.
The Action Plan considers the key problems currently facing the sector. In particular, it outlines:
- Current situation in Turkey’s automotive sector.
- SWOT analysis and envisaged problems.
- Vision, general purpose, objectives and actions prescribed for the sector.
- Monitoring and review of the Action Plan.
- Relationship of the Action Plan with the tenth development plan.
The Action Plan includes specific strategic objectives for 2016-2019:
- Form the substructure required to manufacture local brand vehicles.
- Amplify the sector’s branding capability and global competitiveness.
- Improve legal and administrative regulations in order to amplify the automotive sector
The approval decision and the Action Plan was announced in Official Gazette number 29672 on 2 April 2016. Please see this link for the full text (only available in Turkish).