Turkey has announced confidential principles for public tenders related to defence, security, intelligence, or other matters which the respective ministry decided should be carried out confidentially. Government authorities can now carry out such tenders via negotiation based tendering, selective limited tendering, or direct procurement methods. The new principles will apply to tenders announced after 24 August 2017.
Council of Ministers’ Decision numbered 2017/10777 dated 15 August 2017 (“Decision”) was published in Official Gazette number 30164 on 24 August 2017.
The Decision outlines details for these methods, including:
- Tendering and evaluation processes.
- Conditions for bidding in a tender.
- Values that may be accepted as guarantee.
- Submission of temporary and definite guarantees.
- Invitation and execution process for agreements.
Please see this link for the full text of the Decision (only available in Turkish).