Turkey has introduced new rules for tags, tariffs and price lists for retail goods and services. From 3 October 2018 these must also include the effective date for sales and unit prices. The Ministry of Trade has also announced a new compulsory logo which must be included on locally manufactured goods.
The Regulation Amending the Regulation on Price Tags (“Amendment Regulation”) was published in Official Gazette number 30539 on 18 September 2018. The Communiqué on Use of Domestic Production Logo on the Price Tags (“Communiqué”) was published in Official Gazette number 30556 on 5 October 2018.
Under Turkish law, tags, tariffs and price lists for retail goods and services must indicate:
- The place of production.
- Distinctive characteristics.
- Sale price, including any applicable taxes.
- Unit price.
According to the Amendment Regulation, from 3 October 2018 these must now also include:
- The effective date for sales and unit prices, to enable consumers to follow price changes.
- A specific logo if the product is locally manufactured. The logo aims to promote the use of domestic products. According to the Communique, the logo must be:
- Easily visible and readable.
- Used in a way that it is easily seen by the consumers
- Used in its original colours and ratio (below).
The Communiqué states that the following goods are considered as locally manufactured goods:
- Goods manufactured in Turkey by industrial enterprises, as defined in the Industrial Registration Law number 6948.
- Handcraft and domestic craft goods manufactured in Turkey.
- Goods obtained or manufactured completely in Turkey, as listed in Article 18 of Customs Law number 4458.
Please see this link for full text of the Amendment Regulation and this link for the full text of Communique (only available in Turkish).