Turkey has introduced new requirements for tools, devices and equipment required for using biocidal products. New criteria have been introduced for obtaining permission to use fogging methods to combat insects. Previously, regulations simply applied a blanket ban on using the fogging method in residential areas, without stating any criteria for using the method elsewhere.
The Amendment Regulation Regarding the Regulation on Principles and Procedures of Biocidal Products Usage (“Amendment Regulation”) was published in Official Gazette number 29654 on 15 March 2016, entering into effect on the same date.
The Amendment Regulation now requires applicants to obtain certain listed tools, devices and equipment in order to be granted permission to use biocidal products by Turkey’s Public Health Agency.
Fogging devices for biocidal products may now only be used to combat insects if all of the following criteria are met:
- The local administration requests it,
- The place is outside of residential areas and cannot be reached by a boat or car (for example, a swamp),
- Fogging does not exceed five meters above the living surface,
- Only biological larvacide products are used, and
- The Public Health Administration gives permission after conducting a special evaluation of the fogging’s time and place.
Please see the link for the full text of the Amendment Regulation (only available in Turkish).