Turkey has amended regulatory livestock incentives for 2016, increasing the amount available for calves and removing incentives previously available for carnivorous species. Ongoing incentive applications which were made before 1 January 2016 will be considered according to a prior Communique (No: 2015/17), which has now been abrogated.
The Ministry Of Food, Agriculture And Livestock published the Communique on Application Principles of Livestock Incentives (No: 2016/26) in Official Gazette number 29752 on 24 June 2016.
The incentive scheme generally aims to encourage Turkey’s agriculture and livestock policies by:
- Developing the livestock sector.
- Improving healthy breeding and maintaining sustainability.
- Protecting and improving local breeds’ genetic resources.
- Improving accuracy and actuality of recording systems for the livestock sector.
- Improving the efficiency of livestock policies.
- Supporting local breeders against animal diseases.
The Communique enters into effect from 1 January 2016. Please see this link for the full text of the Communiqué (only available in Turkish).