In order to protect public health, the following measures have been implemented in the field of tax practices within the scope of the effective fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, :
- All petitions that must be submitted to the tax office must be submitted electronically via the Interactive Tax Office application or sent by post by 10 April 2020 .
- Elements of income tax which are tax returns on real property income, security income, wage and other profit and income, along with the extended deadline for filing tax return by 30 April 2020, will only be filed through the Prepared Tax Return System until 10 April 2020.
- Payments related to taxes, fees and administrative monetary fines and valuable paper fees that can be paid by credit card via the Interactive Tax Office or contracted banks, will be made through the Interactive Tax Office or contracted banks instead of the tax cashiers office until 10 April 2020.
- Corporate taxpayers tax payments will be made by using alternative payment methods such as (Interactive Tax Office, contracted banks and/or Turkish Postal Institution (=PTT)) instead of the tax offices’ cashier.
- Non-Turkish citizens can apply for the potential tax number via the web application of the Interactive Tax Office and through this application, the potential tax number will be generated electronically and the certifying official document will be presented to them.
Please see this link for full text of the announcement of the Turkish Revenue Administration dated 19 March 2020 (Only available in Turkish).