Turkey’s Ministry of Economy has reduced the weight threshold for imports to be exempt from surveillance measures. Accordingly, the exemption threshold for goods which have unit values below the stipulated CIF value reduces from two tones to 100 kilograms (gross).
Amendments were made to Communiqué No. 2004/20 on Imposing Surveillance Measure for Imports. The amendments were published in Official Gazette number 29868 on 25 October 2016, entering into effect on the same date.
The Surveillance Certificate Application Form has also been amended, along with documents mentioned in Annex-II/2 of the Communiqué. New documents are now required when applying to the Ministry of Economy for surveillance certificates:
- Importer Information Form.
- Importer’s Economic Indicator Form.
- Producing Company’s Economic Indicator Form (if the importer is the producing company).
- Form for the Producer/Importer Company located at the Supplier Country, and the Imported Goods.
- Capacity report demonstrating that the goods within the scope of the Communiqué are used as input in the Company – If this document is not provided, the Form for the Producer/Importer Company located at the Supplier Country, and the Imported Goods must be submitted.
Please see this link for the full text of the amendments (only available in Turkish).