Fulya focuses on dispute resolution, supporting clients at all stages of arbitration and litigation, from pre-trial risk assessments, through to settlement negotiations and enforcement processes. She assists clients with a full spectrum of issues in this context, including international investment and commercial arbitration, alternative dispute resolution processes, transnational litigation, as well as matters arising from the law of obligations and commercial law.
Fulya has significant experience assisting clients to deal with contentious circumstances, including appearing before arbitral tribunals, as well as national courts and dispute adjudication boards. She helps clients to assert or defend a range of perspectives, including damages and performance claims under bilateral treaties, contentious construction, sales and distribution agreements, shareholding and joint venture issues, product liability exposures, as well as unfair competition allegations. Fulya also has notable experience supporting construction clients during complex projects under FIDIC contract forms.
Fulya’s experience spans all stages and types of arbitrations, including pre- and post-award matters. She supports a wide range of clients in this context, with experience assisting clients in disputes which are subject to various arbitral rules and international forums. For instance, she assists Turkish investors during major ICSID disputes addressing complex issues arising from investor-state conflicts. She also holds a strong track record helping clients within high-value ICC and LCIA arbitration contexts. Fulya works closely with international legal teams, quantum experts, quantity surveyors and third-party funders around the world.
She also assists clients with legal issues arising during their daily business, such as advising on corporate, zoning, foreign investment, customs, and administrative matters, as well as debt collection, preliminary measures and execution proceedings.
Fulya supports a broad range of domestic and international companies, most notably in the construction, infrastructure, energy, telecommunications, technology, textile, automotive and retail sectors, along with Turkish ministries and government bodies.
Before joining the firm, Fulya worked at the Secretariat of the International Court of Arbitration of the ICC in Paris, among other positions.
She often authors articles and jurisdictional chapters for major legal publishers, focused on dispute resolution and arbitration. Fulya sits as arbitrator in several moot courts and is the Turkish Ambassador for the International Arbitration Academy.
- Istanbul Bar Association (2014)
- LL.M International Commercial Dispute Resolution, University Paris-Est Créteil, School of Law (Hons) (2017)
- Master International Commercial Dispute Resolution, University Paris-Est Créteil, School of Law (with highest honours) (2016)
- Paris International Arbitration Academy (2013)
- Master 2 (Professional) International Commercial Law, University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Sorbonne Law School (Hons) (2013)
- LL.B. Law, Galatasaray University, Faculty of Law (Hons) (2012)
- Erasmus Exchange in Master 1 International Business Law, University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Sorbonne Law School (2012)
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Young ICCA