Durations of certain precautions that have been taken within the field of Employment Law as a result of COVID-19 has been elongated pursuant to Presidential Decrees number 2810 and number 2811. Both decrees were published in the Official Gazette numbered 31202 and dated 31 July 2020. In this regard;
- In accordance with Presidential Decree number 2810, duration of the short-term employment allowance was extended by one month. This extension period begins by the end of the one-month period granted with the Presidential Decree number 2706 of 29 June 2020.
- In accordance with Presidential Decree number 2811, durations of the prohibition regarding the termination of employment agreements and the right to put employees in unpaid leaves have been extended by one month, starting from 17 August 2020.
Presidential Decree number 2810:
In accordance with the Presidential Decree numbered 2706; if the employer has applied for a short-time employment allowance until the date of 30 June 2020, the duration of the allowance was extended by one month without the need of a re-application or a new compliance inspection, provided that the allowance will be paid under the same conditions to employees who have already earned the right to receive it. The extended duration was effective as of;
- 1 July 2020 for the workplaces which have completed the short-term allowance period,
- The completion date for the workplaces which still benefit from the short-term allowance.
Pursuant to the Presidential Decree number 2810, the periods for short-term employment allowances have been extended for another 1 month after the end of the first one-month period stated above, within the framework of the principles stated above.
Presidential Decree number 2811:
In accordance with the decree, the durations of;
- The prohibition regarding the termination of employment agreements and
- The rights of employers to put employees in unpaid leaves wholly or partially
have been extended by one month until 17 September 2020.
The full text of the Presidential Decree number 2810 is available at this link and the full text of the Presidential Decree number 2811 is available at this link (links only available in Turkish).